Sussex County Hospital, Brighton. Print by TT Bury, 1841.
Large detached building in classical style. Horse drawn carriage in front of house with five people climbing stairs to the front entrance. Two road builders in the far bottom left corner of print. Written below the print is Victoria Wing Founded 17th Aug 1838, Original Building Founded 16th March 1826, Adelaide Wing Founded 13th Aug 1840.
Sussex County Hospital Brighton surrounded by railings, with horse drawn cab at the centre and five people entering hospital through gates at the centre. On the other side of the railings, in the foreground, to the left is a man sitting on a basket, while another man stands by a basket and a boy walks with a dog. To the right is a man slumped against the outer wall of the hospital fence with a boy attending to him. The lithograph shows the Victoria Wing on the left founded 17th August 1838 and the Adelaide Wing founded 13th August 1840. The building was designed by Charles Barry in 1825, finished in 1828. Many additions have subsequently been made.