• 214 of 575

The Public Dispensary

Uploaded on:
2016-02-11 16:35:00.0
File Size:
540.68 KB
Dimensions:
1544 x 1338 pixels
40 views 1 download
Digital Media Bank ID: 40825
Description: Topographic print
Categories: Collections / Fine Art/ Topographic Prints  

Copyright & Re-use

Credit Line: Royal Pavilion & Museums, Brighton & Hove
Licence: Public Domain / CC0

Object or Artwork info

Type (of Object or Artwork): Engraving
Title (of Artwork / Object): The Public Dispensary
Creator (of Artwork / Object): Kershaw & Son
Date Created (of Object / Artwork): c.1850
Description (Object or Artwork): This view is taken from the west side of Queens Road looking east. It shows a building in the Gothic Style, faced with knapped flint with a Dutch gable and oriel window. People in the middle of Queen's Road, in the foreground two women, a man and a child. Founded in 1809 and rebuilt in1849 the dispensary stood on the corner of Queen's Road and North Road, and was designed by Herbert Williams. The building continued as a dispensary until 1930 when it was converted into offices, after that it had many uses finally being demolished for the erection of new offices. [DUP]
Source (of Object / Artwork): Royal Pavilion & Museums, Brighton & Hove

File info

Original Filename: fa208075_d01.jpg
Media: Image
Size: 540.68 KB; 1544 x 1338 pixels; 131 x 113 mm (print at 300 DPI); 409 x 354 mm (screen at 96 DPI);
Orientation: Landscape

Administrative info

Linked Accession no.: FA208075