• 245 of 575

Donaldsons Library

Uploaded on:
2016-02-11 16:50:00.0
File Size:
816.48 KB
Dimensions:
2038 x 1246 pixels
59 views 2 downloads
Digital Media Bank ID: 40907
Description: Topographic print
Categories: Collections / Fine Art/ Topographic Prints, Images of Brighton & Hove  

Copyright & Re-use

Credit Line: Royal Pavilion & Museums, Brighton & Hove
Licence: Public Domain / CC0

Object or Artwork info

Type (of Object or Artwork): Aquatint
Title (of Artwork / Object): Donaldsons Library
Creator (of Artwork / Object): Unrecorded
Date Created (of Object / Artwork): c.1815
Description (Object or Artwork): View of Donaldson's Library with balcony on second floor and 'Boarding House' sign above. Building to far right with bow front. Terrace to left of the library. Pathway with railings leading from left foreground towards the library with a man walking along. Woman in Regency dress with dog in foreground to right. Donaldson's Library was originally founded by Baker c. 1760, on the south corner of St. James' Street and successively owned by Thomas, Dudlow, Gregory, Donaldson and Lucomb. The original single storyed building was demolished in 1806 and a new five storeyed building erected.
Source (of Object / Artwork): Royal Pavilion & Museums, Brighton & Hove

File info

Original Filename: fatmp000456_d01.jpg
Media: Image
Size: 816.48 KB; 2038 x 1246 pixels; 173 x 105 mm (print at 300 DPI); 539 x 330 mm (screen at 96 DPI);
Orientation: Landscape

Administrative info

Linked Accession no.: FATMP000456