Description (Object or Artwork):
A Perpsective View of Brighthelmston and of the Sea Coast as far as the Isle of Wight. Royal Coat of Arms below the image. This is the earliest engraved view of Brighton. It is thought that the area where the harvesters are working is now occupied by St James's Street and Edward Street. To the left are three windmills and perhaps James Lambert himself painting the picture in the corner left. At the top of this print above the image is written Lambert's Correct view of Brightelston in 1765. below a dedication to Henry, Duke of Gloucester.