View of Portland Place from Marine Parade. The grand frontage of 6 columns upon steps can be seen at the end of the road. Built by Charles Augustus Busby in 1823, it burnt down three months later. It was later replaced by three houses known as 12-14 Portland Place. Pearson House is now on the site. In the foreground are two women and a man with a child who is holding a hoop and to their left a man pulling a small two wheeled carriage. There are mounted horses in the centre.