• 46 of 11284

Brighton, West View of, from the Top of the Old Church.

Uploaded on:
2016-02-19 17:26:00.0
File Size:
6.29 MB
Dimensions:
5424 x 4179 pixels
400 views 5 downloads
Digital Media Bank ID: 42500
Description: Image of topographic print from Fine Art collection.
Categories: Collections / Fine Art/ Topographic Prints  

Rights & Reuse

Licence: Public Domain / CC0
Credit Line: Royal Pavilion & Museums, Brighton & Hove

Object or Artwork info

Type (of Object or Artwork): Lithograph
Title (of Artwork / Object): Brighton, West View of, from the Top of the Old Church.
Creator (of Artwork / Object): J. Newman
Date Created (of Object / Artwork): c.1850
Description (Object or Artwork): The new Parochial Cemetery is in the immediate foreground and opened in 1841 to the designs of Amon H. Wilds. The large house to the right of the cemetery , with the Italianate campanile, is St George's House on the corner of Dyke Road (formerly Church Hill), and Clifton Terrace, built between 1860 and 1865. The view shows a horse and carriage to left, various figures walking along road, a man on horseback in centre of road. Clifton Terrace to the right, Upper North Street to far left and the spire of Christ Church in the distance. .
Source (of Object / Artwork): Royal Pavilion & Museums, Brighton & Hove

File info

Original Filename: fah1934_20_c_d01.jpg
Media: Image
Size: 6.29 MB; 5424 x 4179 pixels; 459 x 354 mm (print at 300 DPI); 1435 x 1106 mm (screen at 96 DPI);
Orientation: Landscape

Administrative info

Linked Accession no.: H1934_20_C