Brighton, West View of, from the Top of the Old Church.
Creator (of Artwork / Object):
Date Created (of Object / Artwork):
Description (Object or Artwork):
The new Parochial Cemetery is in the immediate foreground and opened in 1841 to the designs of Amon H. Wilds. The large house to the right of the cemetery , with the Italianate campanile, is St George's House on the corner of Dyke Road (formerly Church Hill), and Clifton Terrace, built between 1860 and 1865. The view shows a horse and carriage to left, various figures walking along road, a man on horseback in centre of road. Clifton Terrace to the right, Upper North Street to far left and the spire of Christ Church in the distance. .