This photographic print shows the Indian Gate on the South side of the Royal Pavilion, Brighton. The Indian Gate was a gift from India to the people of Brighton. It marks the local care given to wounded soldiers of the Indian Corps during World War One. Between 1914 and 1916 Brighton hosted three Indian Military Hospitals, one of which was the Royal Pavilion. The gate was unveiled by the Maharaja of Patiala in 1921. The bunting visible in front of the gate suggests this photograph was taken during this ceremony.